Major colo-rectal procedures are performed routinely, using minimally invasive techniques when indicated.
Dr. Michael Fulmes, chief of colo-rectal surgery, who was trained at the Cleveland Clinic and at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, brings a wealth of experience and expertise to the management of colo-rectal cancers, and other gastrointestinal conditions, including:
Painless hemorrhoid treatment
- Trans anal removal of rectal polyps
- Laparoscopic assisted removal of large polyps
- Minimally invasive (laparoscopic) colon resection
- Complex treatment of rectal cancer
- Pelvic surgery
- Emergency colon surgery
- Stoma surgery
- Screening anoscopy for HIV patients (high resolution anoscopy)
- Follow up after surgery for colorectal cancer
- Surveillance after surgery for colorectal cancer
For more information on colorectal services offered at Maimonides Midwood Community Hospital, call our main number at 718-692-5300 or (718)743-4450.